It is a wonderful time of year, our very favorite! A time when we get to be with the family and do special things and just enjoy each other! We hope that you have a very Merry Christmas! And an even better New Year!
This year I found, and altered, a 12 days of Christmas poem and came up with a gift for each day and sent it to someone special, whom I don't think will read this. (She is to busy!) I thought I would share this with you all for a fun gift idea, BUT if you find yourself getting this package next year- you better be surprised and happy!!!
The 12 days of Christmas is the song that we sing And in this sack 12 presents we bring.December the 13th is when you may start.Unwrap one a day with love from our heart.Having you as a grandmother is a dream come true,This is our way of wishing Merry Christmas to you!
1. A partridge in a pear tree How boring is that! Your tree is much prettier: Tinsel, glitter and gift wrap, On this ornament is your name, Hang it on a branch for instant fame.
2. Two turtle doves are very rare And nowhere could we find a pair. But Dove chocolate is pretty yummy, And a turtle massager for your tummy.
3. We did get French hens, But then hungry we got. So we ended up cooking them In a great big pot So three fine pens will have to do, With pictures of us just for you!
4. Four calling birds… When calling birds cackle Their mouths get all dry Their lips start to crackle So give this a try!
5. Five golden rings That's rather extreme. We love you dearly, But that much money's a dream! Five golden rings? What could we do? Friends are golden, As we;re sure you've been told, And they're your lifesavers When you're young or old. So five flavors of lifesaver gummies is better than rings. Whew we got out of that one! We’re getting good at these things.
6. Six geese a laying * Sigh * We're back to those birds! We tried stealing their eggs But their cries could be heard. So we gave up and went to the store. These eggs won't hatch But don't drop them on the floor.
7. Seven swans swimming The swans were still swimming in water so clear It sparkled and shimmered, we shed not a tear Instead we felt thirsty, a drink would be nice Add to some water, now you just need some ice!
8. Eight maids a milking Silly women don't they know Milk comes from a store. Geez they are slow! But at the shop Milk bottles were sold out The cows were all duds So you get Milk Duds Stuffed into this sack.
9. Nine ladies dancing, they put on a show Their feet got so tired, so wouldn't you know We’re sending some slippers for soothing your feet They're comfy and cozy and all wrapped up neat!
10. Ten lords leaping, Wonder if they could reach the stars? They jumped higher than these frogs That we caught in some jars. Some people think frogs Are princes in disguise, So maybe the lords were protected them As they leapt for the skies.
11. Eleven pipers were piping, What a wonderful sight, 'Cause they blew bubbles And watched them take flight. So here are some bubbles so you can play, too. We thought eleven seemed greedy So we’re sending you just two.
12. Twelve drummers drumming Oh, how they're hurting our heads. They gave us such a headache We had to go to bed. Music should be soothing A listening pleasure So here's a CD For you to treasure.
I also did a Redneck 12 Days of Christmas for a wonderful guy in our lives! The song is by Jeff Foxworthy for all you non rednecks!
12 days redneck christmas Wow, somebody done gone been to the WalMart!Man, this is the stuff I got for Christmas.Well you cleaned up! Whadya git? December the 13th is when you may start.Unwrap one a day with love from our heart.Having you as our papa is a dream come true,This is our way of wishing Merry Christmas to you!
1. Some parts to a mustang GT… We looked into prices But they were so high This is all we could buy.
2. Two hunting dogs… Dogs are really fun and all But they are lots of work So how about a pair of mittens Since we know you don’t like kittens.
3. Three shot gun shells… We didn’t think you needed But with an idea we proceeded To make these ornaments For you to enjoy! Sure glad we succeeded!
4. Four big mud tires… Are kinda out of season With all the snow we could only reason Four snow tires it should be In the box and off to thee They would not go Donuts appear to be covered in snow So off they shall go!
5. Five flannel shirts… From your little squirts!
6. Six cans of spam… You have better taste So how about six bags of jerky, We knew you wouldn’t let go to waste!
7. Seven packs of Redman… We thought was rather gross! Seven packs of Big Red We thought was awfully close!
8. Eight table dancers… That sounds kinda scary Their feet must be awful weary Some warm slippers, maybe a little hairy But they will make your feet feel nice and merry!
9. Nine years probation… Nothing you really need How about one year Subscription to ‘American Rifleman’
10. Ten o’ Copenhagen… What a nasty habit But together we got it! A ‘Tin’ o’ Flipz!
11.Eleven Wrastling tickets… Would be lots of fun But try as we might None where in sight But a movie sounded right To keep up the fun!
12. Twelve pack a bud… Does not sound good at all! Its so cold outside It was hard to decide But we thought cocoa, Would warm up your insides!
Man, this ain't normal Christmas presents!No, they're redneck gifts!Redneck gifts?Yea, you know, like if you buy your wife earrings that double as fishing lures.Or, if you can burp the entire chorus of "Jingle Bells"Perhaps if you think "The Nutcracker" is something you did off a high-dive.Or, if you've ever misspelled something in Christmas lights.Or, if you leave cold beer and pickled eggs for Santa Claus.
Enjoy a Redneck Christmas!
So as you can see, we had fun this year!!! But watch out you could be next years pick!!!
My sweet little girl is turning 3 years old! It doesn't seem possible! She is so sweet and full of personality! She has brought so much love and joy into our lives. She touches the hearts of everyone she meets. We love you so much Bekah Boo!
This year our tree is red & gold, with a few white snowflakes. As most of you know I like my tree just so, so the kids have their own tree they get to decorate all by them selves and they love it! I will post a picture of it soon.